I am Sherri Wilkerson, a DONA certified birth doula. I have been an educator since 1994, mostly in the area of high school English. I still consider myself to be an educator; however, I simply switched my target audience!
I have a passion for helping women, especially in the areas of pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. Childbirth is an experience that stays with a woman forever. She might not remember all the exact details of her birth experience, but she will always remember how she felt.
If you could take a snapshot of my life at home, you would find my husband since 1993, Rob, and my four children- Harrison, Eli, Sophia, and Kirk. These precious ones are really the heartbeat of my business, and they make it possible for me to be available to do what I love.
I have given birth 5 times, including a full-term stillbirth. My birth experiences include natural (4),epidural anesthesia (1), and Pitocin augmentation (with the epidural birth), so I can empathize with women in various labor situations.
As a DONA doula, I run my business by the philosophy of “A doula for every woman who wants one.” This means I am available for all types of birth scenarios, including natural, intervention-free births,water births, VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) births, epidural anesthesia births, and c-section births.
Please feel free to contact me. I want to help you achieve the birth that is right for you and your baby. Contact Sherri Now!
Birth Doula Services
- Referrals (if desired) to midwives/doctors/childbirth educators/lactation consultants
- Two prenatal visits (not including the no-cost initial consultation). During these visits we will discuss your birth history, your desires for your current birth, and your birth plan. I will demonstrate for you and your partner massage techniques, positions, and exercises beneficial during your pregnancy and labor.
- Accompaniment to a provider appointment. This is, of course, at your discretion.
- Phone/e-mail/text support
- Continuous on-call support when you reach 38 weeks gestation
- Continuous labor support when you go into labor. Depending upon your preference, I will come to your house or meet you at the hospital/birth center, and I will remain with you until the birth is complete.
- Initial breastfeeding support. I will stay with you in the hospital/birth center until you feel confident to nurse your baby with proper latch/position techniques.
- Postpartum visit. I will visit you in your home when you are ready, generally 5-7 days after birth. We will discuss your birth experience and address any needs you might have at that time, as well as evaluate breastfeeding progress.
Placenta Encapsulation (performed by Sherri)
Placenta encapsulation is a great way to incorporate an iron-rich supplement back into your postpartum body. Studies show this practice aids in recovery, helps promote successful lactation, and can help combat the “baby blues.” (This is not the same thing as Postpartum Depression, and if you suspect you have PPD, you should contact your care provider immediately)
$250 Contact Sherri Now! (For Sherri’s doula clients, this fee is $200)