Date/Time: 01/07/2017 - 01/08/2017 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Location: GA - Atlanta
This comprehensive 2 day childbirth class in Atlanta is taught by Kelly Poptanycz. It meets on Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am – 5:30 pm each day (with a 1 hour lunch break), at the Atlanta Birth Center: 1 Baltimore Pl NW, Atlanta, GA 30308. The cost is $310/couple. Payment is due at the time of registration. If cost is prohibitive, please contact Kelly directly. With questions or to register, please email Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be given evidence-based information to make the best prenatal, birth, and postpartum decisions for you and your family. Birth can be unpredictable! We cover unmedicated birth, epidurals, cesareans, hospital, home, and birth center births, as well as interventions, so that you are informed if particular scenarios arise. You will be confident, empowered, and able to make the right decisions for you and your family!
In addition to increased emotional security regarding birth, Intuitive Birth students are 68% less likely to have a cesarean than the average mother. 70% of Intuitive Birth students who give birth vaginally do so with no pain medication.
Below is the content for our Intuitive Birth classes. Check out FAQ for more info!
- Reframing Your Birth Concepts Learn about the many things you can do during pregnancy to positively affect your birth experience. Begin to examine your beliefs about labor and birth, setting yourself on the path towards a comfortable, prepared, and informed birth.
- Your Birth Begins Physiology of the first stage of labor, including what your body and baby are doing during this time, how fear impacts labor, and how to stay comfortable without medications.
- The Journey Continues: Active Labor & Transition A wide variety of comfort measures for the most challenging part of labor, including positioning, massage, and relaxation.
- Second Stage & Birth There are many ways to give birth to your baby. Learn about positions, comfort, and why the first hours after your baby’s birth are so important. Begin to practice these with our first in-class labor rehearsal.
- Off the Beaten Path Learn how to make your birth experience a positive one, no matter what path your labor takes. Explore potential complications (including how to differentiate between complications and variations of normal) and learn about cesarean sections, including how best to avoid having one.
- Creating Your Birth Learn how to evaluate the nearly endless options that are available to you during your labor and birth, and the merits of “birth planning.” Determine your own top priorities for your birth, and how to translate those into an effective birth plan.
- Putting it All Together Put into practice the many techniques you’ve learned so far with a second in-class labor rehearsal, as well as a review of the stages of labor and an in-depth discussion of comfort measures.
- Postpartum & Your New Family
How will you feel and what will you need postpartum? How do babies sleep? Why do babies cry? What is breastfeeding like? These questions and more will be answered.
Bookings are closed for this event.