Date/Time: 11/20/2016 - 12/18/2016 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Location: GA - Roswell, South
This class meets Sunday Nov 20, Dec 4, Dec 10 and Dec 18, 2016 from 3pm to 6pm. The cost is $325 and includes access to a pregnant person and her chosen birth partner, which is payable upon registration. This class is taught by Baby Steps teacher Jaimelynn Hitt. Contact her at email@example.com or call her at (404) 518-3252 with any questions.
Below is class-by-class content for our series format classes.
- Reframing Your Birth Concepts Learn about the many things you can do during pregnancy to positively affect your birth experience. Begin to examine your beliefs about labor and birth, setting yourself on the path towards a comfortable, fearless birth.
- Your Birth Begins Physiology of the first stage of labor, including what your body and baby are doing during this time, how fear impacts labor, and how to stay comfortable without medications.
- The Journey Continues: Active Labor & Transition A wide variety of comfort measures for the most challenging part of labor, including positioning, massage, relaxation, and more.
- Second Stage & Birth There are many ways to give birth to your baby. Learn about positions, comfort, and why the first hours after your baby’s birth are so important. Begin to practice these with our first in-class labor rehearsal.
- Off the Beaten Path Learn how to make your birth experience a positive one, no matter what path your labor takes. Explore potential complications (including how to differentiate between complications and variations of normal) and learn about cesarean sections, including how best to avoid having one.
- Creating Your Birth Learn how to evaluate the nearly endless options that are available to you during your labor and birth, and the merits of “birth planning.” Determine your own top priorities for your birth, and how to translate those into an effective birth plan.
- Putting it All Together Put into practice the many techniques you’ve learned so far with a second in-class labor rehearsal, as well as a review of the stages of labor and an in-depth discussion of comfort measures.
Bookings are closed for this event.